Bicycles are a great means of transport and a healthy and economical way to get around. Some are cheap, and some are not. Here we present the most expensive bicycles in the world.
Most Expensive Bicycles In The World
24K Gold Extreme Mountain Bike $1,000,000
Built by The House of Solid Gold, and named the “The Beverly Hills Edition”, this extreme mountain bike is also known as a “fat bike”. The bike is handcrafted and overlaid with pure 24K gold.
Taking over 750 hours to build, each part was coated using the electroplating process.
Only 13 of these bikes will be made. Each will feature the manufacturers emblem ‘The House of Solid Gold’ logo, “THSG” which will be embellished and encrusted with over 600 Black Diamonds (6.0 carats in total) and 500 Golden Sapphires (4.5 carats in total).
The seat is made from brown alligator skin.
Not sure if the bike comes with a warranty, so you might want to grab a copy of the ‘The Complete Bike Owner’s Manual‘
Parts Manufacturer List
- Frame: Salsa Mukluk XL 21” (Aluminum)
- Fork: Salsa Fargo
- Hubs: Salsa (Aluminum)
- Seat: Selle SMP Pro Ricamata custom with chocolate alligator leather
- Seat Clamp: Salsa
- Skewers: Salsa
- Chain Ring: Salsa 36 tooth
- Chain Guide: MRP
- Chain: AMC / gold colored chain
- Pedals: VP Components -001, end cap customized by THSG and encrusted with Black Diamonds and Golden Sapphires
- Handle Bar and Stem: Shimano PRO FRS Riser 20
- Seat post: Shimano PRO Vibe 7s
- Tooth Cassette: Shimano SLX 36 tooth
- Shifter: Shimano 10 speed XT Rear
- Derailleur: Shimano 10 speed XTR Shadow Plus
- Cranks: Shimano Alivo
- Crank Bottom bracket: Phil Wood
- Brakes: Avid Ball bearing Disc brakes
- Brake Pads: Jagwire / gold color
- Rim Wheels: Surly Rolling Darryl’s (4 inch wide)
- Rubber Tire: Surly Front / Endomorph 3.7 (3.7” wide) 29” tall; Back / Larry 3.8 (3.8” wide)
- Tubes: Inova Front / 26 x 4.0 (tube size – #20310503); Back / 26 x 3.8 (tube size – #20310430)
- Rim Strip: Surly – Color Red
- Cable Covers: Jagwire / gold color
- Handlebar Grips: PDW (Portland Design Works) – Chocolate brown saddle leather “Whiskey Grips”
- Emblem: The House of Solid Gold’s logo “THSG” is totally encrusted with over (600) (6.0 carats) of Black Diamonds and (500) (4.5 carats) of Golden Sapphires
- Water Bottle Cage: Bicycle Company – Arundel
- Water Bottle: Klean Kanteen (Stainless Steel)
Other bicycles to watch out for are the Aston Martin one 77 factor cycle, Montante Luxury Gold Collection, Chrome hearts X Cervelo, Trek madone 7 Diamond, Aurumania crystal edition gold bike, Kaws trek madone, Trek yoshimoto nara, Trek butterfly madone, Limited Edition S-Works Shiv Disc, Audi Sport Racing Bike, Impec Lamborghini Edition, Madone SLR 9 Disc eTap, Guccissima Bike, Cervelo P5X model Dura Ace Di2 Disc, and the Chanel Bicycle.