The Indian Premier League, or IPL, is a lucrative professional Twenty20 cricket league in India played during April and May every year by eight teams representing eight different cities in India.
The auction to buy unsigned players was held on 19 December 2019 in Kolkata, India.
So, who is the most expensive IPL player in 2020?
- Pat Cummins – Australia will play for Kolkata Knight Riders. 1550 Lacs or au$3.1m
- Glenn Maxwell – Australia will play for Kings XI Punjab. 1075 Lacs or au$2.2m
- Chris Morris – South Africa will play for Royal Challengers Bangalore. 1000 Lacs or au$2m
- Sheldon Cottrell – West Indies will play for Kings XI Punjab. 850 Lacs or au$1.7m
- Nathan Coulter-Nile – Australia, will play for Mumbai Indians. 800 Lacs or au$1.6m