These days, TV shows have huge budgets, rivaling the most expensive movies. This can be because of actors salaries, production, location, and the sheer quality of the series that make these TV shows so expensive. While reality shows can be filmed fairly cheaply, these epic TV series are the most expensive ever made.
Most Expensive TV Shows Ever Made
- “The Crown” – The historical drama series about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II reportedly had a budget of around $13 million per episode, making it one of the most expensive TV shows ever produced.
- “Game of Thrones” – This epic fantasy series, known for its intricate storytelling and massive production scale, had a final season that cost approximately $15 million per episode.
- “Friends” – While it may seem surprising, the beloved sitcom “Friends” was known for its high production costs. Towards the end of its run, each episode had a budget of around $10 million.
- “The Mandalorian” – The first live-action Star Wars series, “The Mandalorian,” had a budget of approximately $15 million per episode, thanks to its groundbreaking visual effects and cinematic production values.
- “Westworld” – This science fiction drama series, known for its complex narratives and stunning visuals, had a budget of around $10 million per episode in its first season.
- “The Pacific” – A critically acclaimed World War II miniseries, “The Pacific” had a budget of approximately $20 million per episode, making it one of the most expensive TV productions ever.
- “Band of Brothers” – Another acclaimed World War II miniseries, “Band of Brothers,” also had a budget of around $20 million per episode, matching the scale and production values of “The Pacific.”
- “Rome” – The historical drama series “Rome” had a budget of approximately $9 million per episode, making it one of the most expensive TV shows at the time of its production.
- “Marco Polo” – This historical drama series, based on the travels of the legendary explorer, had a reported budget of around $9 million per episode, showcasing lavish sets and large-scale production.
- “Sense8” – Created by the Wachowskis, “Sense8” was known for its globe-spanning locations and ambitious storytelling. The series had a budget of around $9 million per episode.
It’s worth noting that the budgets of TV shows can vary widely depending on factors such as production scale, special effects, cast salaries, and the overall vision of the creators. Additionally, the listed budgets are based on reported figures and may not include marketing and promotional expenses.
The most expensive TV shows ever made can be found here. Some big budget television shows include The Walking Dead, The Crown, Game of Thrones, Friends, Rome, Boardwalk Empire, Terra Nova, The Get Down and Marco Polo.
- Most Expensive Gucci Items
- Most Expensive Wines
- Is Lizard Lick Towing Returning?