Books are probably the most important step in mankind’s evolution. From the papyrus scrolls used in Ancient Egypt to the manuscripts in the monasteries of The Middle Ages, books evolved into what we know today, even though more and more are only in digital form. These are the most expensive books.
The Top 10 Most Expensive Books Ever Sold
10. William Shakespeare first folio of Comedies, Histories & Tragedies – $8.2 million
9. George Washington’s Annotated Copy of the Constitution and Bill of Rights, 1789 – $10.2 million
8. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer – $11.1 million
7. Birds of America by John James Audubon – $12.6 million
6. The Rothschild Prayerbook – $13.9 million
5. Bay Psalm Book – $14.5 million
4. St. Cuthbert Gospel – $15.1 million
3. Magna Carta Libertatum – $24.5 million
2. The Gospels of Henry the Lion – $28 million
1. Codex Leicester Leonardo Da Vinci – $49.4 million
The most expensive book currently available on Amazon is aptly titled ‘Only for rich book: The most expensive book‘. It sells for $2,999+ shipping.